1. What are dental implants?
Dental implants typically have three parts:
- The implant – a titanium screw that fuses with natural bone to provide a safe, stable base.
- The abutment – a connector that supports and holds a tooth or set of teeth.
- The crown (or prosthetic tooth) – the tooth-like part of the implant, usually made of ceramic material, designed to look like a natural tooth.
2. Dental implant abroad procedure step by step
Step 1: Initial Consultation
Step 2: Bone Grafting And Teeth Removal
What is a bone graft and why you might need one? A bone graft is a procedure that replaces and regenerates lost bone, and can also restore proper facial contour. If your jawbone isn’t thick enough or is too soft, you may need bone grafting before you can have dental implant surgery.
Step 3: Implant Placement
Step 4: Placing The Temporary Crown
Step 5: Placing The Abutment
Step 6: Placing The Permanent Crown
Reach out to us by requesting a free quote and we create a personalized treatment plan in just 24 hours.
When considering dental treatment for a smile makeover, it’s important to weigh the benefits as well as the drawbacks for each option. We’ve put together this list of pros and cons regarding dental implants to help you determine if they are the right solution for your dental problem.
3. How much do dental implants abroad cost?
While UK dental treatment prices start from £1,800 for just one dental implant, quotes from high-quality dental clinics in Romania range between £400 – £700. If you’re looking for full mouth dental implants we recommend All-on-4 for the full jaw.
Keep in mind, dental surgery might also come with extra costs determined by patient general dental health, the number of anesthesia sessions, x-rays, or various other complications.
4. Tooth implant time requirements in Romania
Even if the latest research made it possible to replace a missing tooth with a dental implant in just one visit, statistics say you need 2 visits on average. It really depends on your oral health whether you’re eligible for immediate-loading implants or entitled to a 2-stage implant. Also, it depends on how your body responds to dental implant surgery – you can need either a long-term or a short-term healing period.
5. Am I a good candidate for dental implants abroad?
6. Advantages of teeth implants
7. Risk of dental implants
Premium dental clinics in Romania
Get a free quote!
8. Are dental implants abroad safe?
9. How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants can last a lifetime. The crown that goes on top may need replacing after 10 to 15 years through wear and tear. But proper care can make even crowns last longer.
10. Do dental implants hurt?
11. The perks of dental treatment abroad
Not sure whether to travel abroad and benefit from dental treatment yet?
Maybe numbers will help you out!
The dental veneer procedure has performed outstandingly on millions of individuals by now. 95% of porcelain veneers remain in place and in their original condition even after 5 years, while 83% remain in good condition after 20 years. However, figures might be lower for composite veneers.
Did you know that…
- • dental veneers can be palatal too (on the back of your tooth)?
- • when the bonding succeeds, patients can resume normal life immediately?
- • it was in the late 1920s when veneers were first invented? They were used on movie sets to give actors the perfect smiles
- • dental veneer procedures in Western Europe are priced significantly higher than the ones in the Eastern and Southern Europe?
There can be some complications…
- • sensitivity due to enamel removal
- • unmatching veneer colour to the other teeth (colour can’t be changed after installation)
- • veneer detaching and falling
- • veneer cracking
- • potentially having to switch to toothpaste for sensitive teeth
- • mask tooth decay progress which leads to subsequent treatment
- • bite problems
- • nerve damaging (too much enamel shaving)
- • having to skip veneers and opt for dental crowns because of crooked, misaligned, or too decayed teeth
…but the benefits outstrip them:
- • get stain-resistant teeth
- • feel comfortable with your smile again
- • good looks
- • metal-free
- • maintain their colour over time
- • minimum invasive treatment
- • durable
- • scratch resistant
- • teams up perfectly with the natural tooth
- • restores self-confidence